Storytime with TYS #16 "Boy + Boy"
Thank you for your support. This is our FINAL Storytime + Sensory Play Workshop for 2017. We would love to have you join us!
Storytime with Tickle Your Senses combines Sensory Play with well-loved children’s picture books. With us, your children will get to see it, hear it and feel it. Join us at our Playdough School where stories and words come alive in all our carefully designed multi-sensory workshops!
We read “Boy + Bot” by Ame Dyckman at final upcoming Storytime Workshop for 2017! This is an endearing tale of a special friendship between a boy and a robot. They play and have fun together while trying to understand the differences between them. When Bot’s power button gets switched off, the boy mistakenly thinks that he is ill. As a true friend, he searches for means and ways to ‘revive’ Bot again. Conversely, when the boy falls asleep at night, Bot mistakenly thinks that Boy is not working and needs oiling in his joints to wake up. Through these acts of love, they learn more about each other’s uniqueness and how to be a better FRIEND.
Trust us when we say that this is a moving tale of friendship, kindness and compassion! Plus, its a ROBOT-THEMED workshop too!How cool is that, huh?
Sign your child up for some sensory play fun as we read to them and engage them in sensory play! In this workshop, we bring you something SPECIAL! We will be adding some tinkering fun to the workshop, so bring your little tinker-loving kids to come make their own Robots!
Here are the details:
90min Session: Story + Sensory Play
WHEN: 4 November 2017, Saturday
Session #1 – 10-1130am [drop-off]
Session #2 – 12-130pm [parent-accompanied or drop-off]
WHERE: Trehaus Co-Work Commons [442 Orchard Road, #03-01 Singapore 238879]
Class size: Maximum 12 participants per session
Recommended Age range: 3 years to 6 years old
- ignite your child’s imagination as he/she recreates the scenes in the book with cutters and playdough items that are robot-themed!
- improve language skills through guided pretend play with our non-toxic, taste-safe and scented dough
- kindle a love for stories, music and purposeful play with animated narrators (that’s us!)
- hone motor skills too with the tinkering that your child will do in the creation of his/her own Robot!
- Music & Movement
- Vocabulary-Building and Creativity Dialogue
- Fine motor skills development through Playdough Exploration
- *NEW* Tinkering Session to make a Robot!
All materials will be provided for an invitation to play! Your child will also take home playdough creations from the session to continue the sensory play exploration at home!
1 participant at $70
2 participants at $130
3 participants at $180
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries.